- Reduces heat loss caused by most attic doors
- Improves indoor air quality by reducing allergen and dust flow from the attic
- EnergyStar-rated and significantly raises R-value of the house
- Affordable and has short payback period of less than one year
- Easy to install, comes in a variety of sizes, and durable
How It Works
Most attic doors are poorly designed and cause tremendous energy loss throughout the year. They are often made of thin plywood: an uninsulated material that doesn't perfectly seal air leakage (when new) and only worsens with age (as it warps due to dramatic temperature differences). Consider this: even the tiniest gap around the attic door perimeter -- as small as 1/32 (0.08 cm) -- is like leaving a 5-square inch opening or window open all year!
The Attic Tent, an insulating attic door cover that shields and puts a lid on air leaks, addresses all of the primary issues as well as being:
- Easy to install by any Do-It-Youselfer (DIY). To install, secure the Attic Tent in place with staples to the surface, then add a bead of silicone caulk around the seam to create an airtight seal. And youre done.
- Versatile. Attic Tent can be used on folding attic stairs, attic knee doors, and attic scuttle holes.
- Durable, convenient and improves air quality. The space-age synthetic casing is made up of a high tech material that is adhered to 1/2 thick micro-fiber urethane insulation. The non-corrosive, heavy duty zippers allow easy access to your attic while keeping harmful insulation and dust particles in the attic -- thus improving air quality in your house.
- Affordable, effective and excellent payback. Attic Tent provides an R-value of 3.2 and has been proven to reduce air transfer up to 71%. This means, your Attic Tent will pay for itself in one year, and save you at least $145 per year thereafter.
This Attic Tent measures 22" x 54" x 13". To be sure this is the correct size for you, all you have to do is take a measurement of your stairway opening, and confirm this one closely matches your attic door dimensions.
- Attic Tent - AT-3
- 2-Year Warranty
Not Included in Package
- Silicone Caulk
- Staple Gun with Staples
| Make & Model
How to Order the Right Size
Please carefully measure your attic entry way before ordering. To determine which size Attic Tent you need to measure the attic door/staircase:
How to Install
A. Attic Stairs
NOTE: The extra space provided by the extension of plywood will allow room for positioning & storing the access door when entering the attic. This will keep it free from carrying insulation back over the access area, and preventing the blown insulation around the access area from falling back into the home.
How To Use