The Kidde P12040 is a 120VAC powered photoelectric smoke alarm with 9V battery back up. This advanced smoke alarm has the ability to function as a stand-alone unit or in an interconnected system. The Kidde PE120 includes a test button, quick-connect power harness and offers a 10-year limited warranty.
This alarm uses photoelectric sensing technology. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner that photoelectric alarms.
Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
The Kidde P12040 120VAC includes a 9V battery backup, providing continuous protection even during a power failure and includes a quick connect power harness making installation simple.
- Photoelectric Sensor – Advanced photoelectric sensor may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms
- Battery Backup (9V Battery Included) – Provides continuous protection even during power outages.
- Test Button – Tests units electronic circuitry, horn and battery function.
- Quick Connect Power Harness – Makes installation fast and easy.
- Dust Cover – Protects sensor during construction.
- Battery Pull Tab – Eliminates battery installation time and keeps battery fresh.
- Red LED – Indicates that the smoke alarm is operating properly and alarm condition.
- Green LED – Indicates the presence of AC power.
- Model: P12040
- UPC: 0-47871-40399-8
- Power Source: 120VAC
- Sensor: Photoelectric
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)
- Humidity Range: 5%-95% relative humidity (RH)
- Size: 5.6” in diameter x 1.55” depth
- Weight: 1lb
- Interconnects: Up to 24 Kidde devices
- LED: Green, receiving ac power Red, alarm mode
- Warranty: 10 year limited