In most homes, the temperature water tanks are set to tends to be higher than what would be necessary. It is typically set to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, when 120 degrees Fahrenheit is suitable. This water temperature card from Niagara allows you to see whether or not the proper settings are in place. For every 10 degrees the temperature is reduced, $10 can be saved per year on water heating costs. The water heater card is the size of a credit card, measuring 3 3/8” W x 2 1/2” H x 5/8” D.
- Turn the hot water handle for the faucet on, allowing it to run for 3-5 minutes
- Fill a cup with hot water, and place the card in the cup
- If a green number is visible on the black strip of the water temperature card, that is the hot water temperature.
- If a blue number appears, the temperature of your hot water is higher than the number that is visible.
- A tan number indicated that the hot water temperature is less than the number that is displayed.
- A number visible in the red square means that the temperature of your hot water is greater than 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Quantity: Case of 12