| “Enjoy double the savings with this hot water saving, low flow showerhead with Evolve's ShowerStart technology”
How It Works
The Evolve Roadrunner Showerhead is a non-aerating, low flow showerhead. The ShowerStart™ technology behind the Roadrunner monitors the water temperature and “triggers a trickle as soon as the water reaches 95 F (35 C). When you hear the “hot water is ready trickle, simply flip the switch on the showerhead to start your warm, luxurious shower. When you're done, the showerhead automatically resets itself for the next shower. So, there's no more guessing or guilt about running hot water down the drain – only the newfound freedom of knowing you're actually saving hot water, while your shower is warming!
* Full spray pattern: nozzles are throughout spray face and all nozzles are same shape and size.
** Based on family of 3 saving as little as one minute of hot water per shower (1.5 gpm vs. 2.5 gpm at $0.03/gallon hot water cost).
Make & Model
- Manufacturer: Evolve ShowerStart
- Model / Color: SS-2104CP-SB (Chrome) -OR- SS-2104BN-SB (Brushed Nickel)
- Material: Sold Brass Fittings (standard 1/2-inch threads), ABS body
- Dimension: 3.25 inches (head diameter)
- Weight: 13 ounces
- Type: Non-aerated
- Max Flow (Pressure): 1.5 gpm (80 psi)
- Variable Sprays: No
- Off Valve: Yes
- Certification: Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications
- Other: Product Data Sheet (PDF)
How to Install
Optional: small towel/rag and pliers/wrench
- Twist off the existing showerhead; if you need pliers, first put a small towel over the showerhead for better grip and protection.
- Wrap plumber's tape in a clockwise direction 5 or more times around the shower pipe.
- Hand tighten your new showerhead onto the shower pipe as tight as possible.
- Turn the water on and check for leaks; if leaking occurs, hand tightening again.
- If leaking continues, use pliers to tighten; but first cover the showerhead with a small towel for better grip and protection.
- Check again for leaks, and repeat above step as necessary.
- Solid brass fittings will attach to any shower arm with industry standard 1/2” fittings!
- Please note the showerhead, as with all Evolve ShowerStart series water savers, is not suitable for use with tankless water heaters.
- If you need more help, watch Installing a Low-Flow Showerhead: A Sierra Club Green Tip.
How To Use
- Turn on the water as you would normally start the shower.
- Stand back or feel free to step away, while cold water flows out of the showerhead.
- When hot water is ready, the water will start to trickle.
- Step in the shower, and pull the cord to turn the hot water on full blast!
- The 3-year warranty is valid from date of purchase.
- Applies to the original purchaser who properly registered the product within 10 days of purchase.
- Limited to repairing or replacing, at the manufacturer's sole option, any such defective products.
- Does not apply to equipment damaged by accident, negligence, or misapplication; or altered or modified in any way.