Add our Reflective Insulation Kit (sold separately) to your stair cover. This slips over the stair cover and provides an insulating shield that reflects heat away. The kit provides a 16" deep air space between stair cover and shield to add your own insulation (insulation not included). The Reflective Aluminum Shield blocks up to 97% of radiant heat! Kit includes stair cover and reflective shield
(same as Best Kit without fiberglass)
Preferred by contractors!
Easy to install. Assemble the stair cover and then bring the stair cover, reflective shield and R-50 insulation into the attic. Final assembly is performed in the attic as the finished kit will not fit through the stairs.How To Determine Correct Size To Fit Your Folding Stairs: Pull down cord - measure length and width of the hinged door (between trim).
- 21" wide x 52" long = Model 22x54
- 24" wide x 52" long = Model 25x54
- 29" wide x 52" long = Model 30x54
- The attic stairway cover is self-locking - just fold it into shape. Self-locking tabs securely lock the ends of the cover into place.
- Test fit the Battic Door on the folding attic stairway frame. Then, apply the adhesive-backed weatherstripping to the top of the folding attic stairway frame.
- Position the Battic Door Attic Stair Cover onto the weatherstripping as you leave the attic. The weatherstripping is as wide as the attic door frame - just let it fall into place and the stair cover embeds itself into the weatherstripping.