The Department of Energy has compiled a great deal of helpful information about the advantages of LED lights. They have found that decorative LED light strings consume far less electricity than incandescent bulbs and have a number of other advantages. They are:
- Safer: LEDs are much cooler than incandescent lights, reducing the risk of combustion or burnt fingers.
- Sturdier: LEDs are made with epoxy lenses, not glass, and are much more resistant to breakage.
- Longer lasting: The same LED string could still be in use 40 holiday seasons from now.
- Easier to install: Up to 25 strings of LEDs can be connected end-to-end without overloading a wall socket.
The estimated cost of electricity to light a six-foot tree for 12 hours a day for 40 days is .27 cents for C-9 LED lights v. $10.00 for incandescent C-9 lights.
Another thing to keep in mind when you are shopping for holiday lights is whether the strands utilize half-wave or full-wave technology. All LED lights cycle on and off many times per second. The cycle speed of full wave lights is 120 times per second, which is undetectable to the human eye. However, the cycle speed of half wave lights is 60 times per second, which is noticeable to many people.
In addition, full wave LED lights:
- Produce between 30-40% more light output
- Appear to have brighter and truer colors
- Have no visible flicker, even in windy conditions
Whether you are looking for lights for your home or business (such as wedding venues, retail window displays, or outside lights for your office) LEDs are a safe, affordable option.
Please check out our full wave LED holiday lights and contact us at 1-800-789-8598 for information on volume discounts.